You Think You Know Love

I have read and heard about the love between a mother and her child, I have had my fair share of this love from my mother too, but it happens that you always need a different man's perspective to understand the reality of the situation. An overnight train journey and a family on the neighbouring seat gave me the perspective I needed.
A young guy about 25 years old, with his mother, who looked terribly ill despite her being not that old, along with them was his grandmother who was fragile considering her age but was active.
The mother was having trouble even getting up from the seat and was continuously coughing and had a lot of trouble sleeping in the night. The son was the epitome of strength of the family, he juggled 6 travel bags while helping the 2 women climb into the train and getting them all settled and comfortable. They had some problem with their reservations and had only 2 tickets, the two ladies slept in those seats while the guy sat beside his mom the whole night, helping her to the bathroom almost 6-7 times during the night. Giving her water when she would get tired of the coughing. The grandmom too was no less proactive, she would constantly get up and check on her daughter, adjusting her blankets so that she would be comfortable.

The moment where reality hit me was the next day morning when the mom started coughing real bad. No amount of medicines and water was able to stop the coughing. I could literally feel the mom's agony in each cough. The pain hit peak level and she was on the verge of vomiting. Now the thing is it would take a while to take her from the seat to the bathroom for her to vomit, but she couldn't stand it that long and was about to blow right then and there. It is exactly at this moment that I realized what a mother goes through while nursing a sick child, the mom vomited, the son reacted instinctively and held her entire vomit on his own hand without letting it down on the floor and making a mess of it. He won a hell lot of respect from me that day.

I didn't know what to feel for the family, I mean I could feel bad for the mom because of her condition. On the other hand I could feel relieved that she had a mom and a son who would do anything possible to keep her happy n comfortable. The son made me realize how less I do for my parents and how much they do for me. As I said, I feel bad I needed someone else's experience to realize it.


visit www.keepingitdown.weebly.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TIGERTURN - THE MAN WHO DARED !!!!

Have...... you met GOD ???

The World's Best Football Team